Sunday, June 12, 2011

a family that hikes together


A few pictures from our hike at Riverside State Park last weekend.(Charlie gathered 'throwing stars' to protect us on our hike)
Attempting a picture with my kids, flashbacks from last year on the very same hike. I guess it's just not meant to be.



We've been trying to do a hike with the kids every weekend that we can. However this weekend we didn't make it thanks to the dishwasher breaking and needing replacing, yard work, an impromptu trip to the YMCA with Jon Solo and Brett Dennen, and other random life stuff.

Next weekend is looking promising though. Our ourdoorsey friends are staying with us for the weekend and I'm sure they'll be all over it.

Do you like how I casually threw out there that we took a rock band to the YMCA with us? We're so hip. The YMCA employee who asked for an autograph while Brett was swimming laps was not.

2 comments:

Lori said...

You went swimming with Brett Dennen? That's rad.

The Butterfields said...

Too cool! My girlfriends and I are going to see Loverboy in MN in July. :D