Friday, June 3, 2011

This is what it's come to.


I'm offering up a cute picture of Charlie on his last day of Co-op as a peace offering. My sad little blog has suffered lately for so many reasons. I can no longer blame my lack of computer accessibility though thanks to my generous husband's Mother's Day gift of a new laptop.

I have new excuses that are somewhat related to each other. Get excited.

Excuse #1: we got a new 47 inch flatscreen and it alone has changed my life and consumed all my spare time. We called Comcast and had them set us up with an HD cable box and my life got even more awesome. TV watching has never been the same and I LOVE IT. The images are more clear than seeing real, live people. Words can't do it justice.

I've found all kinds of new shows that are so much more interesting on the new flatscreen (I'd imagine, although I never saw them on our dumb old non-HD 32 inch Panasonic). Has anyone else seen Shameless on Showtime (we're on a 6-month free trial, which may be why I've never heard of this filthy but totally awesome show before)? I've even discovered Extreme Couponing on TLC which is all of a sudden so interesting on the new tv.

Every night I put the kids to bed (as early as Matt will let me), I get my bowl of ice cream, and I settle in for 2-3 hours. It's so wrong and I feel so guilty while I'm doing it but it makes me so happy. So happy.

Excuse #2 why the blog sucks lately: the 1/2 marathon is over and I no longer have to exercise. I think exercise keeps the mind sharp and focused which for me meant my life, ie the blog, was organized and current. When I was focused it was like: raise the kids, do the laundry, work my 25 hours a week, update the blog, run, make dinner, eat healthy.

Now that I've given up the exercise my mind is mushy and much more willing to give in to nights filled with mindless tv watching and ice cream eating. The kids are raising themselves and the laundry gets done when someone runs out of socks.

Never fear though. Tonight it ends. I think I'll go out big too. I've got an unopened pint of Starbucks ice cream hidden in the downstairs fridge and I've got the fancy tv all to myself.

Tomorrow training for the Spokane to Sandpoint Relay starts. My share of the relay will be between 14 and 17 miles so slacking off is not an option. Had I not been such a goober these last 3 weeks I'd be going on a 6 mile run tomorrow. Instead I'll probably be doing a 3 mile run with some walking sprinkled in for good measure.

Wow. It's getting late. I gotta get these darn kids in bed so I can get started. Peace out.

2 comments:

jen said...

I've been embarrassed to tell anyone that I watched a season of shamless in 2 days cause it's that addicting. oh the smut!

Jeannette said...

It took me 4 but I watched the whole season too! It was so great!