Sunday, July 31, 2011

Twenty-Five Mile Creek Campground

This weekend we camped with some old friends at the Twenty-Five Mile Creek Campground on Lake Chelan. We live off of Five-Mile Road in Spokane, which sadly is not just 20 miles away from where we camped. It was more like 4 hours away, however the drive went by fast. Charlie read and Annie chitter chattered and before we knew it we were in paradise.
Link
Before I keep going can I get a amen for beating Lori and Maleah to the blogging punch? They both had the nerve to criticize my blogging frequency this weekend. So what if I like to watch tv at night and then take 1 night off to put up 14 posts covering everything we did in the last month. We have a free Showtime preview right now and I'm not about to squander it. Life is too short.

So camping. Our site was awesome. (future self: if you're re-reading this don't forget to get spot 73 again) It was shaded in the morning, partial sun in the afternoon, right by a creek, close to the bathrooms, close to the swim area, couldn't have been better if I'd have gone there and picked it out in person. I reserved it on the Internet and picked it based on the fact that there was an open spot next to it that some of our friends could reserve. That being the only criteria, I pretty much lucked out with all the other stuff.

So the friends. The friends we camped with are all people Matt went to high school with and has stayed buddies with over the last *cough cough* 15 years. Many of them also went to college with us so I've known most of them for roughly 15 years as well. Holy cow do I feel like I've got one foot in the nursing home right now.

On to the pictures.

Matt, Jace, Charlie and Annie crossing the creek.Charlie, Annie, Andrew and Sora watching a Saturday morning cartoon. Clarification: Sora was watching the big kids, the big kids were watching a cartoon.
The great little swim area.
The offspring (from left): Iain Bales (1), Halle Emery (2), Mason Dyk (2), Sora McPherson (2), Annie Ring (3), Andrew Dyk (4), Charlie Ring (5).
The five that can hold still. (Coincidence that their moms all do family blogs and these kids are probably used to having every second of their lives photographed? Probably not.)
The EHS'ers that brought us together: Julie, Matt, Jace, Matt, Kyle.
My darling family.
Probably going to be our Christmas card.
Matt and the kids on Danger Island (their term).
The family in front of the mansion.
Inappropriate.
Appropriate.
Smores!
Me, my friend Lori, her ham Mason.
Thanks for a fun camping trip old friends! Same time same place 2012. I'll bring the palm'tini's. You guys bring those cute kids of yours (and more tini's?) and we'll be set!

1 comment:

Lori said...

You beat me! Nice work. : ) That was so fantastic, I seriously can't wait for next year! Thanks again for spicing it up for my b'day. You're the best.