Sunday, June 26, 2011

Happy 7th Anniversary Trip

Love my husband but I have learned something in 7 years: no matter how many hints you drop he will not surprise you with a romantic weekend away. So since this is what I wanted I just went ahead and planned it myself. Sans the romance though. I thought it would be more fun if we brought the kids. Sans the surprise part too. I needed to tell him to make sure he could take a day off work.

So on Friday we took off for our weekend away. We went up to B.C. to Ainsworth Hot Springs.

Sassy Pants posing for the camera.
Getting ready to go in the caves (which are kept at 114 degrees, perfect for small children and careless parents).


Matt coming out of the Cold Plunge (which is kept at 55 degrees, perfect for crazy people).
The family headed into the cave (Annie can't take her eyes off the stalagmites and stalactites, they freaked her out).
My attempt at following them with the camera. It was so hot my pictures all turned out like this:
Hiking in Kaslo B.C.
Found a cool bridge on our hike.



Annie scoped out 3 ice cream shops in Kaslo. We let her pick one as a reward for doing such fine research.
This is as romantic as the weekend got...the kids gave Matt a massage.
And this is the only evidence that we were there together and not on 2 separate trips with similar looking kids (which is how it feels looking at the pictures).

Happy 7th Hubs! Thanks for being 'spontaneous' with me!

No comments: