Thursday, June 27, 2013

Glacier

Last week we went to Glacier with my parents and sister's family.  I worked at one of the lodges during the summer between my Freshman and Sophomore years of college and this was my first time back (in 16 years...).  Don't worry though, I still walked around like I knew everything about everything.
Please note my awesome hiking boots that I saved from 1997.  Yes I look like Olive Oil and yes they're not attractive BUT they're comfortable and I can walk through water and no one else could so I pretty much won the cool contest that was happening in my head.
One of the tourist traps we went to was a place called the House of Mystery.  There is (apparently) a vortex in the area that causes the person on the left to appear taller.  I'm a believer, my eyes are not doing this.

On the last day the Going to the Sun road opened so we were able to drive to Logan's Pass.  The kids enjoyed the snow at the top and got out their goofy faces.
We did some hiking, but not as much as I would have liked due to the bad weather that came in towards the end of the week. We did load up on the family bonding though so I'm all good in that department for a while.  Charlie did say when he grows up he's taking his kids to Glacier so in my mind the trip was a total success!

No comments: